Breakwater currently offers two community supported lunch options for your child.
Breakwater's Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Café
Join us for our Potato Party! CSA Café on Friday, March 31, in the library.
- Menu: Baked Potato, Baked Sweet Potato, Roasted Potatoes (both Russet & Sweet) and Mashed Potatoes with Butter, Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese, Chili, Bacon bits (locally sourced-made by the kids), Sautéed onions, Steamed Broccoli, Sautéed Peppers, Diced Tomatoes, Warmed Nacho Cheese, Guacamole, Olives, Herbs & Pesto, Diced Chicken AND/or green onions! Salad fixings on the side.
- Donation: Suggested donation is $5 and all proceeds support the project.
- New! RSVP and we will reserve your table!
- Email Sari Lindauer and let your preschool through grade 8 classroom teacher know if your child will be attending. (Please note: preschool and kindergarten children should please be joined by a family adult.)
In 2006 Breakwater’s students engaged in an integrated learning project that led them to actively follow their food from its source to their local grocery stores. Students visited many Community Supported Agricultural farms in the area, and travelled as far as Presque Isle to find organic wheat grown in Northern Maine and Freeport for naturally raised meats. They traveled to Linneus to grind their wheat and baked their own focaccia right in the ovens of Rosemont Market, just a half mile down the road from Breakwater.
Out of this adventure, and their continued volunteer work on local farms, came the student's own desire to showcase Maine grown foods in meals prepared and shared with the school. The CSA Café was born! Since then the Café has become a sustainable, self supporting school-wide project. Each meal is thoughtfully planned and prepared primarily from locally sourced ingredients by children enrolled in the CSA Café Enrichment program. Meals always include vegetarian, gluten free and vegan options. Parents and extended family are always invited and are encouraged to stay and socialize in our fun, relaxed, welcoming environment.
We hope you will join us!
Breakwater Parent Connection (BPC) Lunch Program
Session three begins on Tuesday, March 14th. Please submit your order by Friday, March 3rd if you wish to be included in the first week of the session. It is possible to sign up for school lunch at any time. A few things to note:
- Our lunch program is available for students in preschool through grade 8.
- An order form that tabulates automatically is available for download below. Lunch forms can also be found in the school lobby.
- Checks are made out to Breakwater Parent Connection or BPC and should be placed in the order box near the main office. Cash payments are also accepted.
- Separate forms should be filled out for each child.
- Remember to consider any upcoming family vacations or appointments.
- Feel free to sign up for only a few meals; you can add to your order at any time.
- If your child is not content with his/her meal choice, it is possible to swap for another item. A few days’ notice is appreciated when placing an order or cancelling or swapping a lunch.
- Every effort will be made to offer a lunch credit when your child is out on a field trip or school is closed due to inclement weather, however; it is not possible to offer same day credit for students who are out sick. In some instances credit is possible for an extended absence, please email. Whatever monies are left at the end of the school year go towards supporting ongoing school projects.
Breakwater School Lunch Menu - WINTER 2016
Monday—Panera: This day features bagels, soups, sandwiches, mac n cheese, fresh fruit cup, and salad. Most meal options are from the children’s menu. Bagels will be served with cream cheese unless butter is requested. When choosing meals with an asterisk beside them you are allowed a choice of side.
Tuesday—Quality Shop: This day features burgers, chicken tenders, sub sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches on English muffins, salad, yogurt, and cookies. Ketchup is available for burgers and tenders. Other condiments available upon request.
Wednesday—Amato’s: This day features pasta, meatball subs, BLT’s, chicken tenders, Pazzo bread, fresh fruit salad, yogurt parfaits, and chips. The Pazzo bread is a half order and comes with sauce to dip. The meatball sub is toasted with cheese melted on top. Pasta comes with a small container of dry parmesan cheese. The BLT (shredded lettuce) is toasted on a sub roll with mayo included.
Thursday—Portland House of Pizza: Pizza is ordered by the slice from a 14 inch pizza. Salads include a roll. A small brownie and carrots are also available. A personal gluten-free pizza available upon request. Call or email for pricing.
Questions? Contact Jennifer Snyder